Powered by Blogger.

Wedding cake : Lace in full bloom

Oh where do I start for this weekend's order ? The bride was an absolutely lovely lady who chose the theme of pastel pink, green and lace for her wedding theme. She had a unique taste for something simple yet elegant and whimsical at the same time. I love such challenges as it gives me a chance to really stretch my imagination and come up with a cake which meets the bride's expectations! So after several discussion via emails, messages and exchange of photographs - I finally figured out how to put the whole theme together.

I made a full lace wedding cake which was inspired by a Martha Stewart cake which the bride sent me. Making the two tier itself was a challenge as it was one of the biggest carrot cakes I've made so far - a full 10kg+. So I experimented with different dimensions and finally figured the most efficient way to stack the cakes without it falling over! Thoroughly challenging but yet hugely satisfying when I finally baked and assembled the cake!

I wanted to keep it in simple pure white as the lace details were intricate enough to make the cake stand out in its own beauty.

 
I made 3 full bloom roses to top the cake - simple with a touch of whimsical-ness and romanticism. Love it! 

To further complement the cake, I made 20 mini cakes which also brought out the theme of pastel green, pink and lace. These were also extremely time consuming as each mini cake had to be wrapped in marzipan and fondant thus doubling the assembly time. Each mini cake was also topped with a similar full bloom mini rose, but this time - each was hand painted in edible peach pink gloss powder.




The pastel green ribbon you see around the base of the mini cake was also a challenge to find. I took a long while to find the ribbon but I'm glad I finally did! The ribbon is a rich pastel green colour, dotted with pastel pink edges and when you remove the ribbon, it's pastel pink on the other side. I always believe that little details go a long way!

This was an exciting weekend for me and I hope all of you enjoyed the pictures as much as I did making it.

Here's wishing the couple a blissful, wonderful marriage filled with lots of love, passion and laughter!

P/s: For those who are passionate about lace details, do visit an online cake decorating store I discovered recently - Decorate The Cake. The owner Melissa was a really sweet lady who rushed out the mould I requested for and delivered it promptly in time for the cake!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  17/9/13  

For a start, always pick the 3 best bloom Roses as the center, follow by Archillea around, add on the Pencil Ecu just below the roses forsythia for sale

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital