Powered by Blogger.

Pandas in their magical wafer forest

This week's birthday girl was a big fan of pandas! I had initially thought of making a little forest area with little pandas around but figured it might make the cake look a bit messy.

So after much deliberation - I decided to make a Panda family.. Papa, Mama and 3 little panda girls :)
Next came the challenge of creating the "bamboo" habitat! I experimented with Pocky sticks, Cigarette biscuit sticks, even cheese bread sticks.. but none looked authentic enough.  
Finally, I found some chocolate wafers from a local biscuit shop, broke them up into uneven pieces and lined them up around the  cake. Next I made some gumpaste leaves, twisted them up a tad to make it look more natural and boy...was I happy with the outcome!
So here we have - a panda family in their very own forest. :) I hope the little girl likes the cake! 

Happy Birthday little panda fan! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital